Course Code: AICS5L1
You will use Adobe Illustrator CS5 to create illustrations that include graphics and text.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- get acquainted with the Adobe Illustrator CS5 application.
- create shapes in a document.
- create custom paths.
- work with text in an Illustrator document.
- work with objects.
- enhance documents.
- proof documents to make them more accurate.
- save images for web and print.
$350.00 per student - contact us for group pricingRequest Group Pricing
Lesson 1: Getting Acquainted with Adobe® Illustrator® CS5
- Topic 1A: Examine Imaging Concepts
- Topic 1B: Explore the Interface
- Topic 1C: Customize the Interface
Lesson 2: Creating Shapes in a Document
- Topic 2A: Create a Document
- Topic 2B: Draw Basic Shapes
- Topic 2C: Save a Document
Lesson 3: Creating Custom Paths
- Topic 3A: Draw Paths
- Topic 3B: Modify Paths
Lesson 4: Working with Text
- Topic 4A: Insert Text
- Topic 4B: Flow Text on a Path
- Topic 4C: Import Body Text
- Topic 4D: Format Text with Styles
- Topic 4E: Thread Text
- Topic 4F: Apply Hyphenation
- Topic 4G: Insert Typographic Characters
Lesson 5: Working with Objects
- Topic 5A: Import Graphics
- Topic 5B: Manipulate Objects
Lesson 6: Enhancing Documents
- Topic 6A: Format Objects
- Topic 6B: Apply Strokes
- Topic 6C: Apply Gradients
- Topic 6D: Apply Graphic Styles
- Topic 6E: Apply an Envelope to Text
Lesson 7: Proofing a Document
- Topic 7A: Wrap Text
- Topic 7B: Find and Replace Text
- Topic 7C: Fix Spelling Errors
Lesson 8: Saving Images for the Web and Print
- Topic 8A: Export Images for Print
- Topic 8B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic 8C: Save Images as PDFs
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities and who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
To register for this class, click on the Register button.Register
Request a Class
If you wish to request a class that is not currently scheduled, click on the button below.Request a Class