Course Code: AIDCS5L2
You will use the advanced features of Adobe® InDesign® CS5 to create and design content for the web and print.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- handle page elements.
- manage styles.
- develop complex paths.
- import and export data to external files
- work with XML files.
- create dynamic documents.
- manage long documents.
- export InDesign files to other formats.
- adjust print settings.
$280.00 per student - contact us for group pricingRequest Group Pricing
Lesson 1: Handling Page Elements
- Topic 1A: Create Duplicate Items
- Topic 1B: Handle Text Layouts
- Topic 1C: Create Transparency
- Topic 1D: Create Anchored Objects
- Topic 1E: Manage a Library
Lesson 2: Managing Styles
- Topic 2A: Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
- Topic 2B: Create Nested Styles
- Topic 2C: Create Related Styles
- Topic 2D: Apply Styles in a Sequence
- Topic 2E: Manage Style Overrides
- Topic 2F: Redefine Styles
- Topic 2G: Break the Link to Styles
Lesson 3: Developing Complex Paths
- Topic 3A: Create Bézier Paths
- Topic 3B: Create Clipping Paths
- Topic 3C: Create Compound Paths
- Topic 3D: Create Type Outlines
Lesson 4: Administering External Files
- Topic 4A: Import Layered Files
- Topic 4B: Merge Data
Lesson 5: Working with an XML File
- Topic 5A: Integrate XML Content into a Document
- Topic 5B: Import XML Content
- Topic 5C: Create a Snippet
Lesson 6: Creating Dynamic Documents
- Topic 6A: Create Interactive Documents
- Topic 6B: Insert Footnotes
- Topic 6C: Insert Text Variables
- Topic 6D: Create Text Conditions
- Topic 6E: Create Document Sections
Lesson 7: Managing Long Documents
- Topic 7A: Create a Book
- Topic 7B: Create a Table of Contents
- Topic 7C: Create Hyperlinks
- Topic 7D: Create Cross-References
- Topic 7E: Generate an Index
Lesson 8: Exporting InDesign Files in Other Formats
- Topic 8A: Export PDF Files
- Topic 8B: Export Files for the Web
- Topic 8C: Export Files for Animation
Lesson 9: Adjusting Print Settings
- Topic 9A: Manage Colors
- Topic 9B: Preview the Print Output
- Topic 9C: Create Print Presets
This course is intended for students who want to expand their entry-level knowledge of Adobe InDesign by using advanced features and collaboration tools.
To register for this class, click on the Register button.Register
Request a Class
If you wish to request a class that is not currently scheduled, click on the button below.Request a Class