Course Code: APSCS5L1
You will understand and use the various elements in the Photoshop CS5 interface so as to efficiently work with the software. You will use the different tools in Photoshop for selecting parts of images and identify the need for having layers in a Photoshop document. You will also organize the different components of the design as layers. With the layered Photoshop document thus created, you will apply layer effects and other special effects in order to enhance the appearance of the design. Once the design is finalized, you will save images in both print and web formats.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- initiate a project.
- explore the Adobe Photoshop CS5 environment.
- determine the resolution and graphic type.
- work with selections.
- work with multiple layers.
- enhance images with paint and filters.
- identify the characteristics of various image modes and color adjustment options.
- save images for web and print.
$280.00 per student - contact us for group pricingRequest Group Pricing
Lesson 1: Initiating a Project
- Topic 1A: Plan a Project
- Topic 1B: Identify Copyright and Citation Requirements
Lesson 2: Exploring the Adobe® Photoshop® CS5 Environment
- Topic 2A: Explore the Photoshop Interface
- Topic 2B: Customize the Workspace
- Topic 2C: Explore Adobe Bridge
Lesson 3: Determining Graphic Type and Resolution
- Topic 3A: Differentiate Between Raster and Vector Graphics
- Topic 3B: Understand Image Resolution
Lesson 4: Working with Selections
- Topic 4A: Create a Selection
- Topic 4B: Save a Selection
- Topic 4C: Modify a Selection
- Topic 4D: Apply Color to a Selection
Lesson 5: Working with Layers
- Topic 5A: Create Layers
- Topic 5B: Work with Type Layers
- Topic 5C: Transform Layers
- Topic 5D: Apply Styles
- Topic 5E: Undo Previous Steps
- Topic 5F: Manage Layers
Lesson 6: Enhancing Images with Paint and Filters
- Topic 6A: Paint on an Image
- Topic 6B: Apply Filter Effects
Lesson 7: Exploring Image Modes and Color Adjustments
- Topic 7A: Explore Grayscale and Bitmap Modes
- Topic 7B: Apply Color Adjustments
Lesson 8: Saving Images for Web and Print
- Topic 8A: Save Images for Print
- Topic 8B: Save Images for the Web
- Topic 8C: Save Images as PDF
Adobe® Photoshop® CS5: Level 1 is intended for a diverse audience including, but not limited to, computer-savvy professionals who want to create and enhance graphics for marketing materials, newsletters, blogs, and websites; photographers who want to work with and prepare photos for print or web; students with an interest in graphic design or those with novice design skills; and professionals who want to learn and use Photoshop CS5 as a complement to other CS5 programs, such as Illustrator. The course covers the Adobe Visual Communication using Photoshop CS5 objectives, and is intended to help prepare students to take the Adobe Certified Associate exam.
To register for this class, click on the Register button.Register
Request a Class
If you wish to request a class that is not currently scheduled, click on the button below.Request a Class