Course Code: CRYSREPXIL2
Now that you have completed the first course, or are familiar with the basics of building and modifying reports, you're ready to move ahead to create complex reports and data sources using Crystal Reports' tools. In this course, you'll not only learn how to create more sophisticated reports including subreports and cross-tabs, but you'll also learn how to increase the speed and efficiency of your reports by using SQL queries.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- build cross-tabs in your report.
- add subreports to a report.
- design a report that uses a drill-down.
- chart single and multiple data series.
- report from Excel data.
- implement report prompts.
- enhance report functionality.
$700.00 per student - contact us for group pricingRequest Group Pricing
Lesson 1: Creating Running Totals
- Topic 1A: Create a Running Total Field
- Topic 1B: Modify a Running Total Field
- Topic 1C: Create a Manual Running Total on Detail Data
- Topic 1D: Create a Manual Running Total on Summary Data
Lesson 2: Building Cross-tabs in Your Report
- Topic 2A: Create a Cross-tab
- Topic 2B: Create a Specified Group Order
- Topic 2C: Filter a Cross-tab by Group
- Topic 2D: Change the Cross-tab Format
- Topic 2E: Conditionally Format Rows and Columns
- Topic 2F: Keep Groups Together
Lesson 3: Adding Subreports
- Topic 3A: Insert a Subreport
- Topic 3B: Link a Subreport to a Primary Report
- Topic 3C: Edit a Subreport's Structure
- Topic 3D: Format a Subreport Using the Format Editor
- Topic 3E: Share Variables Between Subreports and Primary Reports
- Topic 3F: Create an On-demand Subreport
Lesson 4: Creating Drill-downs
- Topic 4A: Create a Drill-down
- Topic 4B: Create Separate Headings for Drill-down Data
Lesson 5: Enhancing Report Processing by Writing SQL Statements
- Topic 5A: Create a Report Using SQL Queries
- Topic 5B: Summarize Report Data Using SQL Aggregate Functions
- Topic 5C: Create Joins Using SQL
- Topic 5D: Create Subqueries
- Topic 5E: Create a SQL Expression Field
Lesson 6: Charting Data
- Topic 6A: Create a Bar Chart
- Topic 6B: Modify a Chart
- Topic 6C: Format a Chart
- Topic 6D: Create a Chart Template
- Topic 6E: Create a Top N Chart
- Topic 6F: Create a Cross-tab Chart
Lesson 7: Reporting on Excel Data with Crystal Reports
- Topic 7A: Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Topic 7B: Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Topic 7C: Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data [
Lesson 8: Working with Prompts
- Topic 8A: Create a Static Prompt
- Topic 8B: Create a Dynamic Prompt [
Lesson 9: Enhancing Report Functionality
- Topic 9A: Group Data Hierarchically
- Topic 9B: Create a Dynamic Image
- Topic 9C: Create a Report Alert
- Topic 9D: Create a Geographic Map [
This course is designed for people who know how to create basic list and group reports and need to create reports that include subreports, cross-tabs, advanced formulas, and charts based on more than one data series. They may also need to build tools to make it easier for other people to create reports. They may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience. Before taking this course, Crystal Reports XI: Level 1, and knowledge of programming and/or SQL would be helpful.
To register for this class, click on the Register button.Register
Request a Class
If you wish to request a class that is not currently scheduled, click on the button below.Request a Class