Course Code: MSWD2010L1
You will create, edit, and enhance standard business documents using Microsoft® Office Word 2010.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- identify and work with basic Word 2010 tools and features.
- edit text in a Word document.
- modify the appearance of text in a Word document.
- insert special characters and graphical objects.
- organize data in tables.
- proof a Word document.
- control the appearance of pages in a Word document.
- print a Word document.
$250.00 per student - contact us for group pricingRequest Group Pricing
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word 2010
- Topic 1A: Identify the Components of the Word Interface
- Topic 1B: Customize the Word Interface
- Topic 1C: Display a Document in Different Views
- Topic 1D: Enter Text in a Document
- Topic 1E: Save a Document
Lesson 2: Editing Text in a Word Document
- Topic 2A: Select Text
- Topic 2B: Modify Text
- Topic 2C: Find and Replace Text
Lesson 3: Modifying the Appearance of Text in a Word Document
- Topic 3A: Apply Character Formatting
- Topic 3B: Align Text Using Tabs
- Topic 3C: Display Text as List Items
- Topic 3D: Modify the Layout of a Paragraph
- Topic 3E: Apply Styles
- Topic 3F: Manage Formatting
- Topic 3G: Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 4: Inserting Special Characters and Graphical Objects
- Topic 4A: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
- Topic 4B: Add Illustrations to a Document
Lesson 5: Organizing Data in Tables
- Topic 5A: Insert a Table
- Topic 5B: Modify a Table
- Topic 5C: Format a Table
- Topic 5D: Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Proofing a Word Document
- Topic 6A: Check Spelling and Grammar
- Topic 6B: Use the Thesaurus
Lesson 7: Controlling the Appearance of Pages in a Word Document
- Topic 7A: Apply a Page Border and Color
- Topic 7B: Add a Watermark
- Topic 7C: Add Headers and Footers
Lesson 8: Printing Word Documents
- Topic 8A: Control Page Layout
- Topic 8B: Preview and Print a Document
This course is designed for students who wish to learn the basic operations of the Microsoft Word to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and who want to use the application to be more productive in their work. It provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to advance to using more complex Word features such as protecting your documents and usage of ligatures.
To register for this class, click on the Register button.Register
Request a Class
If you wish to request a class that is not currently scheduled, click on the button below.Request a Class